I’ve recently moved to Korea and am excited as well as nervous in adjusting my new life here. I wanted to share a delicious and quick recipe that I made recently. Kimchi is a staple product of Korea, rich in vitamins A,B and C and loaded with healthy bacteria. Perfect for a ‘once again student at 27 years old’ who will need refuelling while studying. There are many recipes online of kimchi and scrambled eggs, so for the record I am not claiming this as my recipe, but it is super delicious and quick to rustle up for breakfast or lunch.
1/2 spring onion, thinly sliced
1 packet of kimchi ( I used Bibigo’s )
1 tsp oil
1 slice toasted wholemeal bread
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, salt, pepper and a dash of milk until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, add the kimchi and cut into small pieces.
- Heat a frying pan with the oil and once hot add the egg mixture and ‘scramble.’
- Add the kimchi and mix the ingredients together until the eggs are cooked. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Plate up with the toasted bread, scrambled kimchi eggs and scatter the spring onions on top.